Barry Burton General Thread

Barry Burton General Thread

Postby Generic_Soda » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:23 pm

I was torn between the current thread name, "Jill's Sandwiches," or "What a mansion!"

I've only played REMake (on the Gamecube) and it kicked off my interest in survival horror in general. REMake is really good, and despite having a different feel than Clock Tower I think it's a fine game. I started on RE6, and while it's a big mess with no real scary bits, I do appreciate being able to play with friends and curbstomp some zombie man on the floor before he can even stand up to attack you.

Re: Barry Burton General Thread

Postby RetroScissorman » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:13 am

"Yeah, I thought about that too. Perhaps that was the most important part!"

I started with Resident Evil: Directors Cut on the PSX back when it came out. To this day the first game is my favorite out of the series.

I try to pretend RE6 doesn't exist. While I did have fun with as a co-op game, it feels like someones fanfiction got made into a video game.

Postby Mikfail » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:22 am

I'm a long time fan of RE...but the series is dead to me with RE4 & beyond.

Postby Chronis » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:06 pm

I hear Revelations 2 is amazing and arguably the best in the series since RE4. I've yet to play it myself since I'm waiting for the eventual disc release.

So a friend and I always tossed around the idea of starting a lets play channel, and a few months ago he decided he wanted to do a series playing through all of the mainline RE games and most of the side games. We're still on Director's Cut right now. He just finished Jill's story and I'm doing Chris'. It's actually interesting since I have never played any of the PS1 RE games. Honestly, I really don't think RE1 is that great, and I said that if wasn't for the series as a whole taking off, I think RE1 would have been a cult classic that was forgotten by most non-horror game fans. I'm personally going to be interested in my thoughts on RE2, since that one is highly touted.

Postby tav7623 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:28 pm

Chronis wrote:I hear Revelations 2 is amazing and arguably the best in the series since RE4. I've yet to play it myself since I'm waiting for the eventual disc release.

As a long time RE fan who's played through it I can say that yeah Revelations 2 is pretty good, also I thought the physical version of the game (except for the Vita port) had been out since March 17th.

Postby Chronis » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:21 pm

Oh wow, would you look at that. It is out. Though that doesn't say much good about Capcom's marketing of this game that I didn't the disc release was out... or what is even included with it. :shock: Seriously, the GS and Amazon pages literally do not tell you whats on the disc. Had to look at Gamefaqs. :roll:

Postby rubbafish » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:26 am

I pretty much echo the sentiment made earlier. Revelations 2 is the best Resi game since RE4. I think the fourth game gets a bad rep. It is actually really enjoyable and added a new dimensions to the RE universe beyond Racoon City and had a very plausible story line for replacing zombies with people and making it more of a threat. I would aslo make a defence for Resi 5 but with the previso as a MULTIPLAYER game. As a single player the AI is a travesty!

Postby janwo02 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:35 am

It's really something very interesting. Thank you for posting this on the forum. It will certainly be useful not only to me but also to other people! You can alto try this site http://www.sexygirlslondon.com to find some really nice girls from other countries

Return to “Other Horror Games”