Championship, finished 54 holes at 13- un

Championship, finished 54 holes at 13- un

Postby lw789 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:53 am

MADRID, Spain -- Lionel Messi marked his return from a near two-month injury absence by coming off the bench to score two late goals as Barcelona beat Getafe 4-0 in the Copa del Rey on Wednesday. While Cesc Fabregas also scored twice, the atmosphere at the far-from-capacity Camp Nou only picked up with Messis entrance as a substitute in the 64th minute. The Argentina forward showed no after-effects from a torn left hamstring. "I felt good in training and even if they checked me thoroughly, once you get on the field its totally different," Messi said. "Physically I felt good, I didnt feel any discomfort in my muscle." "I played through injury," Messi said of the buildup to his 59-day absence, when he was bothered by various problems. "But I did well to get through all of this. And now Im motivated to make this a great year." Messi slotted home Martin Montoyas lay-off inside the area on the stroke of stoppage time before capping a typical run through the opponents defence with a rising shot into the back of the net moments later. "Messis career is like a movie script," Barcelona coach Gerardo Martino said. "When you think hes down, he scores goals within just two or three minutes. His game was like a summary of his entire career here." Pedro Rodriguez found Fabregas inside the area with a well-placed cross to head home the ninth-minute opener, and Fabregas later doubled the advantage from the penalty spot in front of 39,299 fans at the 100,000-capacity stadium. Barcelona was without forward Neymar because of a stomach bug. The game was watched by the teams former coach Tito Vilanova, who showed the effects of his cancer treatment. In other last 16, first-leg matches, last-place Real Betis set aside its Spanish league woes to beat Athletic Bilbao 1-0 at home, while second-division side Alcorcon also started with a 1-0 home victory against Espanyol. Racing Santander drew 1-1 against Almeria in a tension-filled matchup marked by player protests and the directors box being stormed by spectators. Santander has quickly slid down the professional ranks into the third division since its relegation from topflight football two seasons ago. Tension was high among the 1,500 fans in the El Sardinero from the kickoff when players stood idly for 20 seconds in protest at not being paid their wages for three months. A group of spectators also attempted to confront club president Alfonso Garcia and the directors in their seats, and clashes with police followed. At the Benito Villamarin Stadium, Betis forward Ruben Castro headed home Juanfran Morenos long cross at the far post in the 42nd minute for the winner. Cedric Mabwati and Joan Verdu came close as Betis controlled the first half before Athletic improved. Kike Sola marked his return from injury with the visitors best chances, hitting a post just before stoppage time. Dani Pacheco scored as Alcorcon continued its good run in the domestic cup competition against Espanyol, which was without coach Javier Aguirre who was serving the first of a four-game ban. On Thursday, Real Madrid plays Osasuna and Rayo Vallecano faces Levante. Defending champion Atletico Madrid drew 1-1 at Valencia on Tuesday. Victor Oladipo Jersey . Funny, they looked like longtime friends during Pittsburghs 5-1 demolition of Dallas on Tuesday night. Quick to the puck and even quicker to the net, the Penguins top line overwhelmed the suddenly struggling Stars as Pittsburgh bounced back from a dismal weekend sweep at the hands of Philadelphia by jumping on Dallas early. Joe Young Jersey . Right-hander Ricky Nolasco and the Twins agreed to terms on a free-agent contract Wednesday, a person with knowledge of the deal told The Associated Press. http://www.authenticbasketballshoppacer ... rs-jersey/. -- Canadian ski cross star Marielle Thompson accomplished two goals in one race Saturday. T. J. Leaf Jersey . -- The Sacramento Kings have signed first-round pick Nik Stauskas to his rookie contract. Thaddeus Young Jersey .Heres Ralph the Dog with the crew here at TSN jumping into the James Duthie TradeCentre selfie: Happy to drop by! RT @TSN_Sports: @tsnjamesduthie: Take this Ellen.Sun City, South Africa (SportsNetwork.com) - Luke Donald saw a 4-shot lead quickly evaporate on Saturday, but a birdie at the last helped him regain the lead after three rounds at the Nedbank Golf Challenge. Donald fired a 3-under 69 at Gary Player Country Club Saturday and he leads by one shot over a surging Danny Willett. Donald, a seven-time European Tour winner who last won at the 2012 BMW PGA Championship, finished 54 holes at 13- under-par 203. Im pretty pleased with the score, Donald said. I could have played a little bit more solid on the back nine, but to be honest, around this course, I think with a lead, shooting a 69, thats kind of what the game plan was, to go out and shoot a low round and keep myself ahead and in position for tomorrow. Willett, playing in the penultimate group Saturday, shot up the leaderboard with a 7-under 65 and he is nipping at Donalds heels at 12-under 204. First-round leader Ross Fisher struggled at times in his third round, but a strong finish helped him end three behind the leader at 10-under 206 through 54 holes. Fisher shot a 2-under 70 in round three. The next-closest player to the trio of Englishmen is Marcel Siem, who is alone in fourth at 5-under 211 following a 71 Saturday. Donald, leading by two over Fisher and five over Willett at the start of his round, extended his advantage to three shots with a birdie on four. Fisher, who traded a birdie on the second with a bogey at the third, got back to within two after another gain on the par-4 fifth. Another birdie for Donald on the par-3 seventh put him at minus-12 and back up by three shots. Both Donald and Fisher poured in birdies on the ninth, keeping Donalds advantage at three. In the meantime, Willett was making his move on the front nine. The 27-year- old used gains on two, five and six to get within striking distancce before going on a run.dddddddddddd Willetts next two birdies on nine and 10 got him even with Fisher at minus-10 and three shots behind Donald. Donald used his second consecutive gain on No. 10 to push his lead to four and it appeared as if he was beginning to pull away. However, Willett drained his third straight birdie on No. 11 to get within three. Both Donald and Willett made bogeys on 13 before Willett drained his seventh gain of the day on 14 to get to within two. Another Willett birdie on 16 paired with a Donald bogey on 17 all of a sudden had the duo tied atop the leaderboard at minus-12. After Willett finished up with pars on 17 and 18, Donalds approach out of the left rough on the last dropped to within five feet of the hole. He kicked that in for a birdie to retake the lead heading into the final round. Im excited to be in that position again, said Donald. Thats why we work hard and thats why we practice so much, and Im excited for the challenge tomorrow. Fisher was quiet on his back nine, but never fell too far behind. He made six straight pars from No. 10 before falling back to minus-9 with a bogey on 16. The 34-year-old salvaged his round with a nice birdie putt at the last to get to three behind Donald. Tomorrow is going to be a big day, Fisher said. I just need to go out and play how Ive been playing the first three days and how I putted on the first day. If I do that, I feel like Ive got a really good chance of winning it. NOTES: Donald is also a five-time winner on the PGA Tour ... Willett, whose lone European Tour win came at the 2012 BMW International Open, had seven top-10 finishes last season without a victory ... Fisher has won five times on the European Tour ... Defending champion Thomas Bjorn shot his best round of the week with a 4-under 68 and he is tied for 24th at 4-over 220. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Return to “Other Horror Games”