erald Laird had a two-run double in Atlantas

erald Laird had a two-run double in Atlantas

Postby lw789 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:44 am

FRANKFURT, Germany -- Balkan rivalries cast a shadow over 2016 European Championship qualifying on Tuesday as the match between Serbia and Albania in Belgrade was abandoned after an Albanian flag considered provocative by Serbian fans was flown over the stadium by a drone. English referee Martin Atkinson interrupted the match in the 41st minute when Serbia defender Stefan Mitrovic managed to grab the banner and Albania players tried to protect it. Several Serbian fans invaded the pitch and clashed with Albania players. The Euro 2016 Qualifying match between Serbia and Albania has been abandoned and the circumstances will be reported to the UEFA Disciplinary Body, European footballs ruling body said in a statement. Albanian fans had been warned against attending the game between the two Balkan rivals that have had turbulent relations -- mainly over the former ethnic Albanian-dominated Serbian province of Kosovo that declared independence in 2008. We wanted to continue the match, but Albanian players said they were not psychologically ready, Serbia captain Branislav Ivanovic said. Elsewhere, John OShea scored in his 100th international for Ireland in the fourth minute of stoppage time to give his side a dramatic 1-1 draw with World Cup holder Germany, which suffered another setback in Group D after losing 2-0 in Poland. Cristiano Ronaldo also scored in the fourth minute of injury time to give Portugal a 1-0 win over Denmark and put his teams campaign back on track after a stunning 1-0 loss at home to Albania in Group I. -------- Group D OShea cancelled out a goal from Toni Kroos in the 71st as Ireland joined Poland on top of Group D with seven points from three matches. Brilliant result, first and foremost. OK, we had to live a little bit dangerously the last 10 or 15 minutes, OShea said. Yeah, look, without a doubt, its an absolutely fairytale ending, it was incredible, to get the 100th cap and score the goal to equalize against Germany, and hopefully to keep the momentum going to qualify for France. Kroos hammered home a low drive in the 71st minute with what was then Germanys 17th shot. Ireland only had managed one until then, but OSheas late strike stunned Joachim Loews team. Shocked maybe too strong a word, but we are disappointed, Kroos said. In the last five minutes, we played so many long balls that we havent had in the 20 last games. I dont why we did it. We didnt stay calm, we lost control in the last five minutes. In Warsaw, Poland drew 2-2 with Scotland to remain top of Group D on goal difference over Ireland, while Georgia won 3-0 at Gibraltar. Poland and Ireland have seven points from three matches, while Germany and Scotland have four each. Krzysztof Maczynski opened the scoring but Scotland went up by one after goals from Shaun Maloney and Steven Naismith, only for Arkadiusz Milik to notch the final equalizer for Poland. Nikoloz Gelashvili, Tornike Okriashvili and Jaba Kankava scored for Georgia against group underdog Gibraltar. -------- Group F Northern Ireland continued to stun opponents in Group F, winning 2-0 in Greece for its third straight victory to stay on course for its first ever European Championship qualification. Jamie Ward got the early opener and Kyle Lafferty made it 2-0 at Karaskaki Stadium. Weve sent out a massive statement tonight, said Lafferty, who has scored in all three matches. New Greece coach Claudio Ranieri, who laughed off suggestions before the game that his job might be at risk, promised to shake up his side and fight on after his second home defeat left the 2004 European champions with just a point from three games. In Helsinki, Romanias Bogdan Stancu struck twice in a 2-0 victory over Finland that moved his country into second place, while Hungary struggled in the Faeroe Islands, winning only 1-0 with a goal from Adam Szalai. -------- Group I It remains to be seen how the abandoned match in Belgrade will be judged by UEFA and which team, if any, will get points. Ronaldo scored in a tense match in Copenhagen, heading home in the fourth minute of stoppage time following a cross from the right by Ricardo Quaresma. Portugal made the better start in Copenhagen. But the home team had the best chance of the first half when a shot by Denmark striker Michael Krohn-Dehli hit the post, after opportunities had fallen earlier for Nani and Ronaldo at the other end. The tension remained high in the second half, with Nani and Ronaldo again testing Denmark keeper Kasper Schmeichel, while Portuguese goalie Rui Patricio saw off attempts by Krohn-Dehli and Nicklas Bendtner. A few minutes before Ronaldos late winner, the Portugal star was booked for a foul on defender Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg. That yellow card was the only one handed out by referee Felix Brych who repeatedly was booed by the Danish fans for his decisions. That they score in (injury time) just makes it even more frustrating, Denmark defender Daniel Agger said. Its pretty hard to say anything else right now. Denmark travels to Belgrade for its next European Championship qualifier. -------- Group E Switzerland earned its first points with a 4-0 win at San Marino. Eintracht Frankfurt forward Haris Seferovic scored in the 10th and 24th minutes, Galatasaray midfielder Blerim Dzemaili added another on the half-hour mark, and Xherdan Shaqiri completed the scoring in the 79th. Also, San Marino goalkeeper Aldo Simoncelli stopped a penalty from Ricardo Rodriguez in the final minute. Switzerland moved level with Estonia and Slovenia with three points each in Group E, which England and Lithuania lead with six points each. San Marino, ranked 208th by FIFA, remained last with zero points. Switzerland, which reached the Round of 16 at the World Cup in Brazil, lost to England and Slovenia in its opening qualifiers. Dani Carvajal Jersey .com) - Ames, IA (SportsNetwork. Sergio Ramos Jersey . - Steve Kerr of the Golden State Warriors will coach the Western Conference in the All-Star Game on Feb. http://www.realmadridfcprohop.us/Danilo ... -Jersey/.Y. - The New York Yankees made it official Saturday, announcing the completion of a seven-year deal with free-agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury and a one-year contract for returning starter Hiroki Kuroda. Casemiro Jersey . The Maple Leafs handed their embattled head coach a two-year contract extension on Thursday, while at the same time announcing that assistants Dave Farrish, Greg Cronin and Scott Gordon will not be back. Luca Zidane Jersey . Ilonen birdied five of his closing seven holes in superb scoring conditions to end the day with a two-shot lead on the Fota Island course. Ilonen had just 26 putts on the occasion of his 300th European Tour event. CHICAGO -- Chris Johnson can rest easy during the All-Star break. He earned a couple days off. Johnson had three hits, including his third homer in two days, and the Atlanta Braves beat the Chicago Cubs 10-7 on Sunday to keep pace with Washington at the top of the NL East. Johnson hit a long drive to straightaway centre field for a three-run shot in a four-run third inning against Travis Wood (7-8). Johnson also went deep twice in the Braves 11-6 victory at Wrigley Field on Saturday. "The biggest thing for me is the fact Im swinging at strikes," he said. "When I swing at strikes, I can do some good things." Atlanta (52-43) has won three of four since a four-game losing streak. It heads into the break one percentage point behind the division-leading Nationals, who won 10-3 at Philadelphia. "We had a pretty good first half, better than pretty good," manager Fredi Gonzalez said. "Now weve got to enjoy this break and come out in the second half and keep firing." The Braves played without struggling second baseman Dan Uggla, who was suspended by the team for the series finale at Chicago. Atlanta announced the punishment on its Twitter feed, with no further explanation, and Gonzalez called it an "internal matter." The last-place Cubs (40-54) have lost eight of 10. Arismendy Alcantara and Chris Coghlan each hit a two-run homer off All-Star Julio Teheran (9-6). It was the first career shot for the 22-year-old Alcantara, who also had a bloop double in the first and is batting .391 (9 for 23) in his first five major league games. "With my ability, Im having fun," Alcantara said. "It can be fast. Im having fun." Chicago scored three times in the eighth, highlighted by John Bakers two-run double, but Jordan Walden got Junior Lake to fly out to centre with a runner on second for the final out of the inning. All-Star Craig Kimbrel then worked the ninth for his 29th save in 33 opportunities. "We put ourselves in a position potentially to even edge closer, and we just fell a little short," Cubs manager Rick Renteria said. Teheran pitched seven innings in his firstt start since a rough outing against the Mets.dddddddddddd The right-hander lasted just 3 1-3 innings in an 8-3 loss at New York on Tuesday. Teheran retired 12 in a row after Chicago put runners on first and second with two out in the first. He allowed seven hits while improving to 2-0 in four career starts against the Cubs. "I know that my last outing I didnt have a good outing," said Teheran, who is ineligible for the All-Star game because he started on Sunday. "Just trying to come back like I did twice this year." Wood was charged with seven runs and seven hits in six innings. The left-hander is 0-3 with a 6.49 ERA in his last five starts. Wood issued leadoff walks in the second, third and fourth innings, and the first two were costly. Gerald Laird had a two-run double in Atlantas three-run second, and Jason Heyward singled home a run before Johnson connected in the third. Johnsons sixth homer was part of his 30th multihit game of the season. The third baseman was walked intentionally in the seventh to get to Tommy La Stella, who doubled home three runs to give the Braves a 10-2 lead. The 34-year-old Uggla has played sparingly since La Stella was promoted from Triple-A Gwinnett on May 28. The three-time All-Star is batting .162 with two homers and 10 RBIs in 48 games. Gonzalez said he expects Uggla to be with the team when it resumes play on Friday night against the Phillies. He also isnt worried about the effect of the suspension on his team. "I dont think so. I got a pretty good pulse of our clubhouse," he said. "If anybody wants to talk to me, my door is always open. And they know that." NOTES: Atlanta also promoted INF Phil Gosselin from Gwinnett before the game. ... Wood will start Chicagos second game after the All-Star break. RHP Edwin Jackson (5-10, 5.64 ERA) starts the series opener Friday night, and RHP Jake Arrieta (5-1, 1.95 ERA) pitches next Sunday against the Diamondbacks. ... RHP Ervin Santana (7-6, 4.01 ERA) will start Friday night against Philadelphia in Atlantas first game after the break. But Gonzalez said he wasnt sure just yet how the rest of the rotation would line up. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Return to “Clock Tower Series”