Tomie: Re-Birth

Tomie: Re-Birth

Postby titanium » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:00 pm

Hi!

Has anyone seen this film? I've just read about it on the internet and figured out that it was related to the manga of the same name by Junji ito. As I like the work of Junji ito I wonder if this movie is worth watching (even though it is probably hard to find here in France)?
Also, it seems that it is the fourth one in the series so do you have to watch the 3 other ones before or is it a stand-alone story?

thanks

Re: Tomie: Re-Birth

Postby JenDarknight » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:59 pm

From what I understand about the Tomie series (and the Tomie manga, for that matter), you don't really need to watch the previous movies or have a long and lasting understanding of the manga in order to get into it. It's pretty much it's own standalone thing, and from what I can look at concerning the movie, it's one of the best in the series (if not THE best).

Tomie movies as a whole are stories you can pretty much watch separately, as they more concern individual short stories featuring the Tomie character rather than any in-depth narrative; knowing the basic tenets of Tomie's evil are the only homework you need (though finding the original manga stories and reading those is suggested, just because they're awesome).

I wish there was more I could tell you, but I haven't seen it myself, so I can't give a more in-depth review :c

Return to “Takashi Shimizu's Films”